Love Italy Photo competition - WINNER ANNOUNCED
Our Italy photo competition is now closed. We had a fantastic response and thank you to all those who entered. All entries can be viewed on the Citalia Flickr site.
Congratulations to Michael Murfin who has been selected as our winner and will spend four nights at Hotel Caesius Thermae & Spa Resort in Lake Garda
A selection of other entries
flickr - view all entriesClick images to enlarge
The prize is a four night holiday to Lake Garda for two, including flights, shared transfers and Half Board accommodation at the Hotel Caesius Thermae & Spa Resort, Lake Garda, to be taken during 2012, excluding peak travel periods.
Hotel Caesius Thermae & Spa Resort, Lake Garda
Located in the resort of Bardolino, Hotel Caesius Thermae & Spa Resort is set within beautiful landscaped gardens, just a few steps away from the shores of Lake Garda. There are five swimming pools within the garden complex, two of which are for children's exclusive use. The olive garden, complete with hammocks, is an ideal place for those seeking tranquillity and a peaceful spot for total relaxation. The resort boasts a wellness spa and beauty centre, with a wide range of facilities including thermal baths, sauna, Turkish bath and an Ayurvedico Centre, where personalised treatment programmes are available
Terms & Conditions
- The promoter of this competition and prize is Citalia a trading name of Specialist Holidays (Travel) Limited, whose principal place of trading is at [The Atrium, London Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9SR].
- This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over, other than employees and immediate family of Citalia, the TUI Travel PLC group or companies or any company connected with this competition.
- The competition will open 12:00pm on 21st December 2011
- The closing date for the competition is 12:00pm on Tuesday 28th February 2012 ("Closing Date"). All entries must be received by the Closing Date.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the entrant agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entries should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must be between at least 1Mb in size. Entrants should include their name, address and telephone number and a brief description of the photograph. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
All photographs submitted must be the work of the entrant submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won any prize (including without limitation a runner-up prize) in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any photograph they submit has been taken with the permission of any people featured in the photograph or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. By submitting a photograph, the entrant agrees and confirms that the photograph does not infringe any rights of any third party. Entrants warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own original work and that they are the sole owner of the copyright in it. Further, entrants are entirely responsible for the content of the photographs they submit and must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs. All photographs must be of sufficient quality to publish. Entrants agree and confirm that, in relation to any photograph they submit, it does not:
- include anything that is pornographic, obscene, indecent, harrassing, threatening or offensive;
- include the entrant's or anyone else's personal contact details in the photograph;
- feature predominantly or solely a trademark or logo;
- feature any celebrities or public figures unless the entrant is such person or has such person's permission;
- contain viruses, trojans or other harmful elements.
- Copyright in all photographs submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrant. However, in consideration of Citalia providing the competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, unconditional and royalty-free licence to Citalia (and those authorised by Citalia) all necessary rights and consents for the full period of copyright to use any or all of the entries in any media including without limitation Citalia publications, Citalia and Flickr websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
- The entrant waives all moral rights in respect of the use of its entry to which the entrant may now or at any future time be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patent Act 1988 or under any similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
- Only one entry per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced, corrupt or multiple entries will not be accepted. Citalia does not accept responsibility for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
- Following the Closing Date, all eligible entries will be uploaded to the Flickr website by Citalia and will be accessible by users of the Flickr website. Citalia will select a number of photographs from the eligible entries which it considers to be the most visually appealing, original and self explanatory. These selected entries will then be published on the Citalia website and will be accessible by users of the Citalia website. Visitors to the Citalia website will be able to ‘like' their favourite photograph from the selected entries. Citalia will choose the winner from the selected entries shown on the Citalia website which it considers to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory by Friday 30th March 2012. The winner will be notified by 1300pm on Friday 30th March 2012 by either telephone or in writing by email to the telephone number or email address (as applicable) provided in the entry. Acknowledgement of the prize by the winner must be received by Citalia by 1700pm on Friday 20th April 2012. Should Citalia not receive confirmation from the winner by this time, Citalia reserves the right to select an alternative winner from the selected entries.
- Only one entrant shall win return economy flights for two adults to Verona from a London airport, shared transfers and four nights Half Board accommodation at Hotel Caesius Thermae & Spa Resort, Lake Garda. The prize must be taken, and travel completed as per the dates of the prize. Travel dates may be subject to blackout periods and other restrictions. Tickets are subject to availability in the correct class of service. If more than one ticket is offered, flights must be taken together. Date changes are not permitted after booking is made. Tickets can not be upgraded. The winner must take their holiday during 2012. Holiday is subject to availability. Booking must be made by 12:00pm on 30th April 2012. Full terms and conditions that apply to the prize will be forwarded to the winner.
- The prize will be as published and is non-transferable. There is no cash alternative or exchange.
- The prize cannot be awarded to any person who, for any reason, would not be allowed by law to purchase or use the prize.
- The winner is not allowed to sell or auction the prize on to a third party.
- Citalia reserves the right to check validity and reject entries with reasonable cause.
- Citalia may use photos, names, counties and countries of the winner in future publications and publicity, and may require the winner to take part in promotional publicity including without limitation being filmed, an interview, photoshoot etc.
- The winner's name and county may be disclosed to anyone who writes to Citalia by 30 April 2012, enclosing a stamped addressed envelope, to Your Italy photo competition Winner, Citalia, The Atrium, London Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9SR.
- As events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Citalia, Citalia reserves the right to change or withdraw the competition and/or prize at any time and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to Citalia as a result thereof.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and Citalia and the entrant hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts
- By entering the competition, you agree to receive future marketing communications from Citalia, any of the TUI Travel PLC group of companies and including without limitation about special offers, products and services by email and/or SMS. If you do not wish to be contacted for future marketing, please write to the Promoter Address above with the message “OPT-OUT”. We will never sell on your details to third parties.
Citalia is a trading name of Specialist Holidays (Travel) Limited, a company registered in England and a member of the TUI Travel PLC group of companies. Registered office: TUI Travel House, Crawley Business Quarter, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9QL. Registered number: 446617. All rights reserved. 2011 Terms & Conditions.